Pages

You can now find me writing here...

Sunday, February 19, 2012

I had a lighter schedule this week...

That's the only explanation I can come up with. I had more time, so I did not blog or do much writing of any kind this week. I don't know why it works that way, but that seems to be the way it often goes with me. I guess leisure time just leaves my mind wandering elsewhere.

Since I've shared this far, here's the update on eating raw vegan. My cheats: I cooked two vegan meals this week. I added a small bit of whole wheat pasta. I ate one sugar cookie on Monday night and it did not go down well. I felt almost immediately nauseous and had such a headache by the time I got home, I ended up going straight to bed. I'm okay with that. I honestly don't think I'm going to miss sugar cookies.

Today is day 24 and I am tired, tired, tired, tired of eating raw. I miss cooking. I miss the creativity of cooking almost as much as I miss eating warmed food. I'm tired of doing so much chewing. A few days I've found myself just opting to not eat rather than do so much chewing, and that doesn't feel healthy at all.

I am, however, entirely pleased/still surprised/happy with the results. Just the simple absence of the aches and pains is enough to convince me that there was something in my diet causing inflammation in my joints. At the very least, I'm going to make sure whatever was causing that doesn't return to my diet. I've lost 10 pounds, as well, and I won't hold back... those missing 10 pounds feel really, really good.

As of tonight, I'm declaring this the 24 day Raw Vegan challenge. My plan is to continue vegan through day 30, and probably much of it will be raw, but fire is officially back on the table!

This is another documentary you really ought to watch.


1 comment:

cheryl said...

Good for you on sticking with raw for 24 days. I couldn't do it. But it's fascinating that it got rid of your joint pain.

That could be anything from chemicals or dyes or whatever they put in processed foods. Or it could be something to do with wheat. I've been trying to learn some things about gluten - and apparently the wheat of today is different from the wheat we grew up with.